Organic Dairy Products for a Healthy Life
Dairy products such as milk, curd, ghee, paneer etc., are an excellent source of energy and protein. Many studies suggest that including organic dairy products in our diet provides more health benefits than adding regular dairy products. Organic Dairy Products helps to have a Healthy Life
The studies also indicate that organic dairy products not only taste better but are also easy to digest and provide more nutritional values than regular dairy products.
What Are Organic Dairy Products?
Organic dairy products are the food products that are made of pure, natural and organic milk. Commonly, dairy products are produced from cow milk and buffalo milk; however, sometimes milk from other mammals is used to improve the taste and texture of the products.
To certify the dairy products as organic, the producer must follow certain practices that include animal welfare among other exercises.
- The farm animals or cattle must have free access to the outdoors.
- The cattle should be fed on natural vegetation and grass.
- Free Grazing cattle have better milk produce like A2 milk produced by free grazing Cow.
- The cattle must not be treated with antibiotics for increased milk production etc.
Organic Vs Regular Dairy Products
Here is a small list of differences between organic dairy products and regular dairy products:
- No Artificial Growth Hormones: Organic dairy products are made from 100% pure and organic milk that is manually milked from free grazing cattle. As a practice, organic producers do not use chemicals and growth hormones for increased milk production. Commercial milk producers use growth hormones to increase milk production. Milk obtained through this way is not as healthy as organic milk is.
- No Pesticides: Organic producers do not use pesticides and herbicides in their fields. This ensures the cattle graze on pesticide-free grass. This attributes towards the improved quality and taste of the organic milk and dairy products.
For increased milk production, commercial milk producers spray pesticides on cattle feed. The pesticide residues in the regular dairy products are toxic for the human body.
- No Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs). As a code of practice, organic farmers do not include GMOs in the cattle feed. The natural milk enhances the taste, quality and nourishing value of the dairy products. But, regular milk producers often use GMOs in the cattle feed. This affects the taste and quality of milk and dairy products.
Health Benefits of Organic Dairy Products
Let us learn more about the health benefits of organic dairy products.
- Improves Overall Health: Organic dairy products are packed with natural calcium, vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates, nutrients and much more. These products improve bone strength, muscle strength and overall body health.
- Fights Anaemia: Organic dairy products are full of vitamins such as A, B, B12, Riboflavin, Thiamine etc. These vitamins fight free radicals, prevent cell damage, improve energy levels and increase the iron content and fight anaemia.
- Improves Cardiovascular & Immune Health: The high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and low levels of omega-6 in organic dairy products improve cardiovascular health and support the immune system. Ideally, high omega-3 and low omega-6 levels are required to maintain good health. But in regular dairy products, omega-3 is less and omega-6 is more.
- Reduced Cell Damage: The high levels of antioxidants available in organic dairy products fight free radicals and prevent cell damage. This improves overall health. Especially, antioxidants minimise heart-related diseases, Alzheimer’s, cancer and other related diseases.
Consume organic dairy products as a part of your balanced diet to get the maximum benefit. Get all-natural and fresh dairy products from modern-day farmers such as Adisa Farms who are going back to the Indian Traditional ways of farming and producing organic goods. Daily consumption of Organic Dairy Products will drive towards a Healthy Life.